Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
Basics of Epidemiology in Healthcare
Epidemiology is a basic science of public health. It is a quantitative discipline based on probability, statistics, and comprehensive research methods. Basic knowledge of Epidemiology provides a tool for public health action to promote and protect the public's health based on science, causal reasoning, and a dose of practical common sense.
The course is designed and delivered by Dr. Sameer Gokhale, an Epidemiologist with more than 12 years of experience in the healthcare domain across developed and developing markets with primary focus in epidemiological parameters. This includes and not limited to conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis, estimation of disease burden, preparation of global value dossier (GVD), adaptation of GVD to suit regional market needs. Sameer has authored many publications in peer reviewed journals and presented his research in well-known national and international conferences. He takes immense pleasure in mentoring and sharing knowledge with healthcare professionals.
The module is intended to improve/ refresh knowledge in the area of epidemiology. Course slides and related talk is not exhaustive but it covers themes that are most important for ClipLab’s trainees (viz. observational/ quantitative research in epidemiology).
1. The beginning section gives the basic definitions of epidemiology, types of epidemiology research, data collection methods, general process of epidemiology. This section also talks in brief about where Epidemiological studies are used or employed.
2. This module outlines various epidemiological study designs. Talk includes definitions of various study designs, pictorial representation, advantages and disadvantages of respective epidemiology study design. One of the sections provides key epidemiological parameters like measures of disease, disease states, and trends.
3. Course content talks about importance of these parameters and the best ways to present these parameters effectively. This course also briefly covers different ways to standardize data, confounding and types of bias in epidemiological studies.
4. Case study at the end of the course will give you an opportunity to solve real-life problems using knowledge that you acquired from this course.
We hope you enjoy this course. Happy learning!
[Important Note: If you are taking this course from India, please submit a short survey located at https://goo.gl/z2pCvB to receive the instructions for payment through NEFT. We regret the inconvenience caused and want to assure you that we shall soon make the online payment facility available for Indian audience. Participants from overseas locations will be able to pay using PayPal or Credit Card.]
• Section 1: Principles of Epidemiology: An Overview
• Section 2: Measures of Disease, Disease States, and Trends
• Section 3: Epidemiological Study Designs in Healthcare Setting
• Section 4: Case Studies showcasing Epidemiology Basics
•Five (N=5) multiple choice questions after each section to assess understanding of the learner
•215 minutes (4 hours)
You selected to get the course Basics of Epidemiology in Healthcare. Please Login or Signup to get it.