Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
Health Technology Assessment: An Overview
With healthcare budgets constricting and rising cost of healthcare intervention in almost all developed countries, payers; whether they be governments, hospital pharmacies, or manager care organizations, are under tremendous pressure to achieve the best value for their resources while maintaining high-quality healthcare. In this cost-conscious environment, the health technology assessment (HTA) of healthcare intervention is becoming almost as important as its safety and efficacy. Using the principles of health economics, HTA is designed to assist in healthcare policy decisions with two major objectives of improving public health through rational decision making and comparing the relative values of alternative therapies.
The course is designed and delivered by Sameer Gokhale, an Epidemiologist with more than 12 years of experience in the healthcare domain across developed and developing markets with the primary focus in epidemiological parameters. This includes and not limited to conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis, estimation of disease burden, preparation of global value dossier (GVD), adaptation of GVD to suit regional market needs. Sameer has authored many publications in peer-reviewed journals and presented his research at well-known national and international conferences.
The module defines the purpose, span, and responsibilities of HTA agencies across the globe.
One of the sections of the course discusses;
1. Benefits and challenges of HTA.
2. Major HTA bodies, their submission requirements, and types of evidence considered across developed countries are outlined.
3. At the end of this course, it is recommended to read O’Donnell et al. 2009 (Value in Health; 12(2) S1-S5.) that denotes lessons learned from HTAs around the world.
Thank you for your interest in this niche area of health technology assessment. Happy learning!
[Important Note: If you are taking this course from India, please submit a short survey located at https://goo.gl/z2pCvB to receive the instructions for payment through NEFT. We regret the inconvenience caused and want to assure you that we shall soon make the online payment facility available for an Indian audience. Participants from overseas locations will be able to pay using PayPal or Credit Card.]
• Section 1: Need for Health Technology Assessment in Healthcare
• Section 2: Benefits and Challenges of Health Technology Assessment
• Section 3: Major HTA Bodies Across Globe
• Section 4: Types of Evidence Considered by HTA Bodies
• Five (N=5) multiple choice questions after each section to assess understanding of the learner
•165 minutes (2.5 hours)
You selected to get the course Health Technology Assessment. Please Login or Signup to get it.